Hashnode Weekly 001 by Miki Szeles
5 min read
There are so many great articles here on Hashnode. My daily habit of checking Facebook and Instagram whenever I have a few minutes switched to reading Hashnode and Medium.com articles. Actually, I got totally addicted to it. The first thing in the morning is to check the Recent section of the app and read whatever seems interesting to me.
I have decided to collect the articles I found the most insightful into a weekly post, so I can let you know some awesome content and will also be great for myself as a reference.
As I am mainly interested in Software Development, Testing and Automation, Data Analytics and Deep Learning, Self-improvement, Blogging, Productivity and Psychology, you will find articles mostly related to these topics. I won't waste your time, let's see the list.
From this weeks list I found Victoria Lo's article the most insightful in the blogging category. - Why Every Developer Should Start Blogging.
Brian Scramlin provides advice about How to Choose a Blog Platform
- Fadya Joudah the Dev Girl just started blogging here on Hashnode. She was wondering how formal or technical Hashnode is. Share your thoughts about it with her. I already did that. 😊
- "Give away what you have earned and teach what you have learned" - [Steffan Lee] (lizhiyu)(hashnode.com/@lycheefish) introduction himself here on Hashnode.
- Jorge Romero realized he need a career switch due to the pandemic and he started his journey as a software developer. He has a background in Cognitive Science, Psychology and Mathematics which is an awesome combination in my opinion. Luckily he decided to share his learnings here on Hashnode.
- Sonny Alves Dias shares his advice On how to write a technical blog.
- 3 How To Optimize Content To Be More Seo Friendly: Cici Amalia wrote about how you can search engine optimize your writings.
My favourite this week in this category is - Mentor's Tag's article in which he explains in detail why it is beneficial to work together with a Lifecoach in the post 7 Noteworthy reasons why you need a Life coach. I couldn't agree more with this. Having a Lifecoach has a substantial effect on my life and on where I am at the moment.
In his article How to Grow as a Developer? Chris Benjamin is talking about the 1% rule. He did this in terms of Software Development but in addition to that, the 1% rule is a universal concept and can be applied to any subject.
- gaijineer shares his insights about different learning modes in his writing Interview Preparation Guide: Learning How to Learn
- Mohamed Najiullah in his article Supporting your Teammates provides some insights about a new practice they introduced in their team at Thoughtworks.
My absolute favourite from this week is Rajiv Verma's How To Make A Google Chrome Extension In Under 15 – Minutes? post. It inspired me to create a Chome extension with which Test Automation Engineers can save dozens of minutes daily, why automating E2E tests using Selenide or Selenium.
We can have a dip dive into machine learning thanks to Saurabh Suresh Powar: Mastering DL - Ep0: A sneak-peak to Deep Learning🧐️
- Common Git Commands to Master by Nwokocha Maruche is an introduction to the basic Git CLI commands which you will need in your daily life.
- Shai Almog and 𝕎𝕖𝕤𝕝𝕖𝕪 𝔽𝕒𝕦𝕝𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕣 wrote about the difficulties of hiring a developer relations/advocate.
- Razvan Statescu comparing the two most popular unique identifiers UUID and NanoID in his postUnique Identifiers: UUID vs NanoID.
- Nwokocha Maruche listed 4 Must-have skills for developers.
- Bence Hornyák continued his series on Appwrite which is a secure open-source backend server for web, mobile & flutter developers.
- Geek Tech continued his series on Go-Lang with the second article Everything you need to know about Go-Lang - #2. I was wondering on which parts Go-Lang is superior to Javas. Share your thoughts under his post.
- Abdelmadjid Cherfaoui introduced 6 code practice/competition platforms in his writing 6 Websites Any Developer Should Be Addicted To.
- naveenkumar j provided a 3 step guide to make your GitHub profile look stunning. I was amazed by it, but I still have to find some time to do that.
- Are you interested in Blockhain development? Then go and read Pranshu Kumar Agrawal's writing: 3 Months Study Plan to become Blockchain Developers for complete beginners.
- Soner Akar gives some insights about the JWT Token in his post A journey to JSON Web Token.
- Create Your Word Portrait Using CSS - a cool solution to create your own CSS word portrait from Priyanshu kumawat.
- Radosław Lewandowski introducing the Arrange-Act-Assert(AAA) concept which is very similar to Given-When-Then but it is focusing more on the structure of the test code, than the BDD concept.
Data Analytics and Deep Learning
My top recommendation from this week is - Syed Jafer's article in which he explains why data is so important in the 21st century: Understanding the Importance of Data.
In his article Performing Analysis of Meteorological Data Rohit Kharat provides proof using Data Analytics that the Apparent monthly temperature and humidity increased across the lat 10 years due to Global warming.
- Sarad Gajurel describes what does a data science career looks like and what skills are needed for that in his writing What does a career in data science look like right now?
- Maxi Contieri explains why AI won't steal your job (yet) in his writing DeepMind's AlphaCode Won't Steal Your Job Either.
In case you do not want to miss my posts, just follow me here on Hashnode, on LinkedIn, on Twitter on Medium.com, on dev.to and even on Instagram. 😊
Happy reading. 😊
Did you find this article valuable?
Support Miki Szeles by becoming a sponsor. Any amount is appreciated!